Monday, September 27, 2010

moving on

So I finally passed all my comprehensive exams and can rest easy for a while. Barring some major meltdown when writing my field papers, it seems like I am safely in the Ph.D. program.

What's next? Many huge sighs of relief. Also, the quarter has already started and it looks like I am concentrating on econometrics and industrial organization. That may change though, as I may change to micro theory or macroeconomics/monetary.

I know it's only the end of the 1st year, but in most economics programs, it is the most stressful since most of the program's attrition occurs at the conclusion of it. I would like to thank my parents, unnamed friends, unnamed professors for their unequivocal support, and thank Patrick for literally helping me start this journey. I'm not sure when I can start naming people (especially professors) in posts because I'm pretty sure this would turn up in a Google search.

No comments:

Post a Comment