Monday, June 22, 2009

summer work

so my post-graduation journey towards studying economics began at the beginning of summer with my appointment as a clerk (read: summer intern) to the federal trade commission in DC. this is the beginning of my fourth week into the program, and i'm still excited about its potential benefit to both my interest in economics and my intellectual growth.

my position is typical of any summer intern position: i do whatever they tell me to do. in this particular environment, they entails economists, who all have ph.d.'s in economics, public policy, and related fields, and research analysts who are interested in going to graduate school. but at least they have the courtesy to ask if i want to do it, but i'm not sure if refusal is an option.

in recent days, the only project i've been heavily involved in is basically seeing how much explicit material a curious 12-year old can find by venturing into virtual worlds on the internet, such as second life. so yeah. economics isn't all about money. the project has been an interesting experience. however, i am now certain that i do not want to work in behavioral economics.

i will write more soon.

1 comment:

  1. ... sounds more like an excuse to go out and find explicit material for yourself on second life.

    ReplyDelete